Friday, September 18, 2009

WALL*E

Well, tonight my wife and I watched WALL*E for the first time. I actually had some really big reservations about watching WALL*E, and purposely have put off watching it, actually. I really didn't embrace the idea of two robots falling in love and no talking going on for at least the first half hour. However, I was pleasantly surprised that despite the fact that their only form of verbal communication consisted of less than 5 words, the plot was still okay. AND - I was still able to learn valuable life lessons (such as Virtual world having huge possibility of taking over real world - the choice is mine), and how we need to come in contact (as my crazy Biology teacher says) with our long-lost "Sense of Wonder."
Was WALL*E my favorite? Nope.
Did I get emotional over it? Nope.
Did I enjoy watching it? for the most part.
Did I think it taught a good message? sure (but even President Eyring's dad said that he could turn any talk into a information-full sermon by thinking in his head about what they were really trying to get across.)
Did I think that my wife maybe got just a titch TOO emotionally involved? for the sake of my safety and "points" I am not at liberty to discuss it.

However, I found an interesting opinion of some random nobody on the internet the other day ranking PIXAR movies. I think they're wrong about a lot of them. MY personal feeling is that UP is by far in the top three, along with the Toy Story(s) and probably Monsters, Inc. WALL*E taught some good lessons, but as far as Danenjoyedit points: on the bottom shelf of PIXAR's best.

But that's just me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! So does my husband - yeah.....it's filled with a lot of political stuff too. I thought it was kinda dumb and is definitely on the bottom shelf of pixar's best.

    ReplyDelete